© 2019 Directorate of Standardisation. All rights reserved
REQUIREMENT FOR RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
(a). Maintain all records duly catalogued and indexed, which facilitates the right to information and records are computerized on network.
All our records and documents i.e. Joint Services Specification (JSS), Joint Services Guide (JSG), Joint Services Rationalised List (JSRL), Joint Services Prefered Range (JSPR), Joint Services Qualitative Requirements (JSQR) and Joint services Policy Statement (JSPS) are catalogued and indexed through compendiums. These are available on our website https://ddpdos.gov.in. General information about the directorate is accessible by general public were as restricted information is only accessible by registered users. The home page of our website is attached
(b). Publish the following before commencement of this act: -
- The particulars of its organizaton, functions and duties.
Directorate of Standardisation
- To provide Secretarial support to Standardisation Committee, the Defence Equipment Codification Committee, (DECC) the Committee of Chairmen Standardisation Sub-Committees (CCSSC), Inter Service Equipment Policy Sub-Committees (ISEPC) and Standardisation Sub-Committees (SSCs).
- To execute and follow up of all decisions of Standardisation Committee, The Defence Equipment Codification Committee and the Committee of Chairmen Standardisation Sub-Committee.
- To create Standardisation Sub-Committees/Technical Panels/working Groups/Specialist Working Groups for preparation Standardisation documents pertaining to Standardisation and allied activities and to promulgate their To composition.
- To scrutinize all new introduction of Defence Stores in the Services preventing variety of items from entering the supply system and to have an effective check on proliferation of items.
- To provide technical advice on standardisation matters to various important committees of the Services such as Air Staff Equipment Policy Committee and Sub-Committee, various Technical Groups and Technical Committees, various Research & Development Panels, Steering Committees, Technical Coordinating Authorities, Inter Service Equipment Policy Committees and Sub-Committees.
- To co-ordinate and conduct standardisation programme at the following levels: -
NATIONAL: To nominate officers from Defence Organizations/Services, Technical Divisional Council and Sectional Committees and to adopt Indian Standards wherever possible
INTER SERVICE: To lay down policies, targets and execute orders on Standardisation activities.
INTRA SERVICE: To coordinate with Service Standardisation Cells and other connected Organisations to provide Intra-Service Standardisation.
- To promote adoption of "SI" units in Ministry of Defence.
- To codify all transactions under the Defence Inventory using Defence Codification System (DCS).
- To maintain a Data Base of codified Defence Inventory for the purpose of Rationalisation, Standardisation, Simplification and 'Entry Control'.
- To publish Defence Services Catalogues listing all Defence items Group Claa wise for use by DRDo, Depots, Indeenting authorities and AsHSP.
- To maintain and run Technical Information Centre for all Standardisation activities
- To print, stock and issue Standardisation Documents, Compendiums and Catalogues for the Ministry of Defence Unit.
- To have an active interface with BPIS, Service Standardisation Cells, DRDO, DGQA Ordnance Factory Board, Defence Public Sector Undertakings, (PSUs) and Private manufacturers of Defence Stores on all Standardisation and Codification matters.
- To coordinate training of Technical Officers and Staff in Standardisation matters and also to run cou8rses for others on specialized subjects such as Standardisation and Codification.
- To conduct Capsule Programme on Standardisation activities in various training establishments of Services, DRDO, DGQA, Ordnance Factories in order to propagate the philosophy of Standardisation.
- To Monitor implementation of Standardisation documents.
- To create Central date base for standardisation documents for networking.
- To facilitate IT enabled services for accessing Standardisation/Codification databases, standards and specifications.
- The power and duties of its officers and employees.
Manual of Standardisation and Manual of Codification
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
Organisation Chart is available on our Website, To see the same Click Here
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
Manual of Standardisation and Manual of Codification
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under it control or used by its employees for discharging its functions. Manual of Standardisation
Manual of Codification
- The Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
Defence documents prepared by this Directorate are restricted to be used by defence organisations and PSUs
- A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constitute as its part or for the purpose of its advise and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- Aeronautical Standardisation Sub Committee
- Armament Standardisation Sub Committee
- Electrical Standardisation Sub Committee
- Engineering Equipment Standardisation Sub Committee
- Guided Missile & Componenet Standardisation Sub Committee
- Instrument Standardisation Sub Committee
- Information Technology Standardisation Sub Committee
- Electornics Standardisation Sub Committee
- Material Standardisation Sub Committee
- Medical Standardisation Sub Committee
- NBC Standardisation Sub Committee
- Store Standardisation Sub Committee
- Vehicle Standardisation Sub Committee
- A directory of its officers and employees.
SERVICE/CIVILIAN OFFICERS (Directorate of Standardisation)
No. Name Remarks 1 Gp Capt M K Pani JD (STD) 2 Col Sanjay kumar Rai JD (TSG) 3 Capt (IN) Pratapa Kishore JD (C&C) 4 Vacant JD (ADM)
- The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations
AS per Govt. Scales.
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amount allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
- Particulars of concessions, permits of authorization granted by it
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it reduced in an electronic form
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, if maintained for public use.
Information is available on website
- The names, designations and other particulars of the public information officers
LIST OF CPIOs
The list of CPIOs, PIOs, APIOs and Appellate Authorities in respect of Organisations under Departments of Defence Production is as Under:-
Directorate of Standardisation, Defence Standardisation Cells and Detachments:-
SL. NO. OFFICE FOR WHICH APPOINTED CPIO CAPIO OFFICE TELE. NO. (i) Dte of Stdn. (HQ) Lt Col Saurabh Modi
Shri Neeraj Ranjan
011-23014152 (ii) DSC Avadi Lt Col Akshaya Panigrahi(OIC) Sh P Theiveegan, Sc 'D' 044-26385613 (iii) DSC Bangalore Col Dinesh Pattabhi K(OIC) - 080-25243049 (iv) DSC Dehradun Lt Col Dev Mohan (OIC) Sh Rajiv Kumar Behl,
0135-2787473 (v) DSC Badarpur Col Parab Amit A, SM (OIC) Lt Col A K Malik
011-29893210 (vi) DSC Hyderabad Shri Jyoti Deb, AE(QA)(Offg OIC) Sh Jyoti Deb,
040-24441520 (vii) DSC Ichapur Lt Col NS Chauhan (OIC) Sh Debasis Das,
033-25938352 (viii) DSC Jabalpur Wg Cdr B Firoz, (OIC) Sh MK Qureshi,
0761-2606165 (ix) DSC Kanpur Lt Col A K Singh, (OIC) Sh Rajeev Shrivastav
0512-2328241 (x) DSC Pune Capt (IN) Suhas Wakankar (OIC) Lt Col A Sahoo 020-27282742 (xi) DSD Mumbai Lt Col Vikash Sharma (OIC) - 022-22632660 (xii) DSD Kochi Capt (IN) S D Hirurkar (OIC)
Shri Biju V
0484-2669413 (xiii) DSD Vizag Capt (IN) Sandeep Khanna (OIC) Sh N Pravin Kumar,
Note 1. For HQ, Directorate of Standardisation, Neeraj Ranjan, DD(STD), will be the Central Assistant Public Information Officer(CAPIO).
Note 2. Cmde Gopal R Wani, Director, Directorate of Standardisation will be the Appellate Authority for the Directorate of Standardisation(HQ), Defence Standardisation Cells/Detts under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Designation of Transparency Officer for Directorate of Standardisation:-
Lt Col Gagan Nagpal, (CISO) is the Transparency Officer for this Directorate under the provision of RTI Act, 2005.