© 2019 Directorate of Standardisation. All rights reserved
Defence Standardisation Cell, Bangalore started functioning from LRDE Campus, at high grounds, Bangalore with just two DRDO scientists in 1984. The Cell later moved to a hired accommodation at 18, Crescent Road, Bangalore in mid 1985. The other officers & staff from Army, Navy, Air force, DGQA and CAO joined the Cell during 1986-87.
The Cell moved to its present location inside Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) campus during Dec 1986. Since then, it is functioning at its present location and is growing in its strength as well as activities.
This Cell has been earmarked as the "Centre of Excellence" for 'Information Technology' by the Directorate of Standardisation.
To be the leader in the field of Defence Standardisation & Codification through e-enabled services thereby achieving Variety Reduction and Entry Control so as to effect savings to the Defence expenditure under the guidance of Directorate of Standardisation.
The Cell was audited for its quality performance and has been ISO:9001:2008 certified subsequently wef 07 Jul 2011.
This Cell has close liaison network & co-ordination with the following AsHSP / PSUs which falls under the jurisdiction of this Cell in connection with the Standardisation & Codification activities as per the direction of Directorate of Standardisation.
- CQA (L), Bangalore
- CQA (R), Bangalore
- CQA (BEML), Bangalore
- BEL, Bangalore
- BEML, Bangalore
- ALISDA, Bangalore
- BEML, KGF
- BEML, Mysore
- HAL Eng Div, Bangalore
- HAL Helicopter Div, Bangalore
- HAL ARDC, Bangalore
- HAL Foundry & Forges Div, Bangalore
- HAL Air craft Div, Bangalore
- HAL Overhaul Div, Bangalore
- 5 BRD, AF, Coimbatore
In addition to the above, this Cell also interacts with various establishments & DRDO who are involved in the preparation of the standardisation documents.
Introduction Of Cell
Defence Standardisation Cell, Bangalore has the responsibility to liaise/ interface with a large number of establishments located in Bangalore and other parts of the country. The officers of the cell are also functionaries in different capacities in various Standardisation Sub Committees.
The details of the same are as under :-
|Aero Stores Standardisation Sub Committee||OIC||Member Secy|
|IT Standardisation Sub Committee||TSO||Member Secy|
The cell also has the responsibility to liaise with many establishments located in Bangalore in connection with ESSC,ISSC,LSSC & VSSC.
SODET Bangalore being the seat of SODET office, the Cell has its share of responsibilities and activities. The OIC of this cell, apart from being a member in the AGM is also waiting member in the Governing Council of the Society.
Role & Function
- To be leader in the field of Defence Standardisation and Codification through e-enabled services there by achieving Variety Reduction and Entry Control so as to affect savings to the Defence expenditure.
- To perform various functions of standardisation with a view to achieve Codification and Standardisation targets set by Directorate of Standardisation and initiate IT activities, this cell has been earmarked as the ‘Centre of Excellence’ for ‘Information Technology’ by the Directorate of Standardisation.
- Close liaison with AsHSP, Def PSUs DRDO Labs for Coordination of various Standardisation activities.
- Liaise with Defence establishments / PSUs for Technical Assistance in preparation of Standardisation documents.
- Periodically examine the existing Inventory / Equipment / Stores and forward recommendations on selection for preparation of Stdn documents to Secretaries of respective Stdn Sub Committee.
- Progress Codification work with AsHSP / PSUs / R&D / Ord Depots, etc.., on Targets Assigned by the MOD.
- Provide necessary input for Updating & Clearing the Draft Codified List of stores.
- Carry out continuous review of Catalogues / Standardisation documents for Updation.
- Continuous review of Standardisation documents and Departmental Specifications for conversion into Joint Services Specs where required.