© 2019 Directorate of Standardisation. All rights reserved
DEFENCE STANDARDISATION CELL, ICHAPUR is a field unit of Directorate of Standardisation, New Delhi. It was established vide Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.1110/Adm/Std/4198/D (Insp) dated 02 August 1984. Efforts to locate the Cell initially within the premises of Metal & Steel Factory or Rifle Factory, Ichapur failed due to lack of accommodation for the same. Hence the Cell started functioning with nucleus staff from Inspectorate of Vehicles, Hastings, Kolkata premises. Subsequently it was shifted to hired accommodation at Salt Lake, Kolkata.
In 1991 the Cell was finally co-located to its permanent location at Ichapur near Rifle Factory, CQA (SA) and adjacent to Ichapur Railway Station. Initially the complete Cell was housed in a two-room set up, which was very small. In 2001, a technical wing consisting of three rooms was sanctioned at the adjacent vacant area. Air Cmde T Sovakar, the then Director, Dte of Standardisation inaugurated the Technical wing in Oct 2003.
Defence Standardisation Cell, Ichapur is the nodal agency for standardisation activities in their area of jurisdiction around Ichapur. This site primarily contains standardisation and codification data, which can be of help for those involved in design, development, benchmarking, production, procurement, Quality Assurance and defence inventory management.
- Defence Standardisation
- Quality Policy
- Quality Objectives
- what is codification
- Purpose of codification
- Need for codification in Defence
- Why DCAN
- Users of DCAN
- Before Codification
- After Codification
- Benefits of Codification
- Selection of Items for Codification
Role & Function
TO CATER FOR PROPER CO-ORDINATION BETWEEN AsHSP, LOCAL ORDNANCE FACTORIES AND DIRECTORATE OF STANDARDISATION, NEW DELHI AND ACT AS A DATA PROVIDER.
- CODIFICATION OF DEFENCE INVENTORY AS INITIATED BY THE TWO LOCAL i.e. CQA (SA)ICHAPUR, CQA(METALS),ICHAPUR AND DEFENCE PSU viz HAL, KORAPUT GRSE, KOLKATA.
- PREPARATION OF JSS, JSG and JSRLs
- CONVERSION OF DEPARTMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS INTO DEFENCE SPECIFICATIONS.
- TO ACT AS A DATA PROVIDER TO USER AGENCIES.
- KEEPING ABREAST WITH THE ORDNANCE FACTORIES AND AsHSP ON THE LATEST ON THE STANDARDISATION & CODIFICATION ISSUES.
- MEMBER SECRETARY OF TECHNICAL PANELS AND STANDARDISATION COUNCILS OF VARIOUS ORDNANCE FACTORIES.