© 2019 Directorate of Standardisation. All rights reserved
Defence Standardisation Cell, Pune was raised at CQA(SV) Dehu Road on 25 Oct 85 under the authority of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence , Letter No. 1101/Adm/Std/4198/D (Insp) dated 02 June 1984/13 Aug 1985. The cell functioned as an extension of Directorate of Standardisation, New Delhi till April 86. On 01May 86, it became a self accounting unit under the authority of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1101/Adm/Std dated 07 Nov 1985. The Cell shifted from CQA (SV), Dehu Road to CQA (ME), Kirkee, Pune in the year 1987. During 1988 Defence Standardisation Cell, Ahmednagar was merged with this Cell leaving a Detachment at Ahmednagar under the authority of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1455/8/Adm/Std/5107/D (Insp) dated 12 Oct 1988. The cell was again relocated and moved to its present location in CQAEE Complex on 25 Jan 1999. The creation of the Cell was primarily to provide field support to AsHSP towards codification of inventories and preparation of Standardisation documents. During the last five years, the Directorate of Standardisation extended its vision to hasten up the Standardisation process. The Cells were tasked to interface with all the Defence establishments to gather codification data and prepare Standardisation documents. Besides codification and Standardisation documents’ preparation, info providing, IT facilitation and monitoring have been added to the role and tasks of the Cell. To meet the enhanced objectives, a detachment at Mumbai was opened in Aug 2000 functioning directly under this Cell. The Cell has been supporting Defence establishments located in and around Pune, Mumbai, Ahmednagar and Nasik.
The residential complex for the Cell was completed and occupied on 03 Sep96. The Technical and Administrative complex has been taken over on 28 Aug 98. It was inaugurated on 14 Sep 98 by Cmde (Dr) A S Jolly (IN), Director, Directorate of Standardisation, New Delhi and occupied on 25 Jan 99. Towards the enhanced objective of info provision to the doorsteps of the users, Wide Area Network among Dte and Cells as well as Metropolitan Area Networks at the Cells for users’ access have been established. DS Cell Pune along with its detachments is now a Regional Centre for providing info on Centralised codification database, Defence Specifications and various National and International Standards to all the Defence users including AsHSP, Depots, DRDO labs and PSUs.
Cells were established at Pune & Ahmednagar in 1985. In 1988 there was a reorganisation with a Cell at Pune & Detachment at Ahmednagar. The Cell was shifted in its present building in 1998. Institute of Standards Training was established at DS Cell, Pune Complex. Detachment at Mumbai started functioning in August 2000. The brief history since formation of Cell is as under:-
- 1985 CELLS ESTABLISHED AT PUNE AND AHMEDNAGAR
- 1988 REORG AS CELL AT PUNE AND DETT AT AHMEDNAGAR
- OCT 1999- INSTITUTE OF STANDARDS TRAINING ESTABLISHED AT DS CELL PUNE
- AUG 2000 DETT OPENED AT MUMBAI
- AUG 2001 AWARDED GOLDEN PEACOCK NATIONAL TRAINING AWARD(RUNNERS UP)
- MAR 2002 ISO ? 9001:2000 CERTIFICATION RECEIVED
- JUL 2011 ISO ? 9001:2008 CERTIFICATION RECEIVED
Role & Function
- To perform various functions on Standardisation Codification activities
- To guide & train the AHSPs on Codification Software used for codification
- To conduct training courses as per Training programme.
- To have a rapport & liase with ordnance factories through the medium of Standardisation Counci
- Close liaison with all AHSPs (Total 17 AsHSP/feeder organisations are under jurisdiction of this cell)
- Progress on codification (to complete the yearly codification target)
- Conversion of Dept specs in to JSG 031 format
- Issue of standards IS, Defence Standards) & Joint Service Documents to AsHSP as & when requested by them
- To conduct training courses and workshops on codification, for AHSPs .Â (These are in addition to yearly Training Calendar)
- To sort out queries on codification & standardisation & and related matters as & when raised.
- To conduct regular meetings with AHSPs under jurisdiction of this cell to review progress on Codification & Standardisation documents so as to complete targets also difficulties in subject are sorted out.