© 2019 Directorate of Standardisation. All rights reserved
- 17 MAY 2000 SANCTIONED BY GOI,MOD
- 31 JUL 2000 LT CDR AFL GUNASEELAN TOOK OVER AS FIRST Oi/C/DETACHMENT BECAME FUNCTIONAL
- 13 OCT 2000 COMMAND LEVEL PRESENTATION ORGANISED
- 01 MAY 2001 CODIFICATION ACTIVITIES OMMENCED CQAE(EFS)
- 11 FEB 2002 STANDARDISATION SERVER COMMISSIONED AT NSTL, HQENC AND SBC
- 01 APR 2004 UPDATION & CLEANING OF DATABASE COMMENCED
- 02 JAN 2007 MO(V), IU(EAST),NAD(V) & NAI(V) INTRODUCED AS NEW AHSP
- 30 JAN 2007 WORKSHOP ON DEFENCE STORE CODIFICATION AT DSD(V)
- 01 APR 2007 CODIFICATION ACTIVITIES COMMENCED WITH MO(V) & CNAI(V)
- 14 APR 2007 ONE SERVICE PERSONNEL (OR / SAILOR) TOS AGAINST EXISTING VACANCY
- 04 JUN 2007 ONE CM I/DGQA TOS AGAINST EXISTING VACANCY
- 26 JUN2007 ONE FM(STORES) TOS AGAINST VACANCY 'ON RETIREMENT '(w.e.f 30 Jun 07)
- 02 FEB 2008 WORKSHOP ON STANDARDISATION & CODIFICATION AT SWS(V)
- 16 APR 2008 PRESENTATION OF 'TECHNICAL PAPER ON CODIFICATION CONTRACTUAL CLAUSE AT INSEM-08 BY LT CDR S JOHN
- MAR2012-- REGULAR TRAINING IS BEING IMPARTED TO AHSP NOMINATED STAFF ON THE NEWON LINE AHSP SOFTWARE (CODIAHSP)
- MAY2012 - COMMENCED CODIFICATION OF NSTL DEVELOPED ARTICLE
Defence Standardisation Detachment is located within the premises of Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (Technical Complex) Visakhapatnam. This is one among the three detachments with Directorate of Standardisation for undertaking Codification Activities of Naval Items of Issue
Role & Function
The Directorate of Standardisation is an independent inter-service organization under the administrative control of Defence Production and supplies. There are 09 Standardisation Cell and 04 Detachments under Directorate of Standardisation. DSD(V), a detachment under DSC (Hyderabad), is located within the premises of Naval Science and Technological Laboratory, Visakhapatnam. DSD(V) is a nodal agency in Visakhapatnam region for undertaking Defence Store Codification activities in association with authorized Feeder Agencies / AsHSP. The codification activities commenced with CQA(EFS) from 2001. Currently the dett. has 04 units as AsHSP namely CQA(EFS), MO(V), IU (EAST) & NSTL for undertaking codification. For dissemination of information on Standardisation and Codification to Naval Units under HQENC (Naval Dockyard, INHS Kalyani, INS Eksila, MO(V), INS Kalinga, NAD, NAI etc.) and DRDO establishments (SBC and NSTL) at Visakhapatnam, the detachment updates and maintains 03 Data Servers which are connected to LAN Networks of HQENC, SBC and NSTL
- To perform various functions of standardisation with a view to achieve Codification and Standardisation targets set by Directorate of Standardisation.
- Close liaison with AsHSP, Def PSUs DRDO Labs for Coordination of various Standardisation activities.
- Liaise with Defence establishments / PSUs for Technical Assistance in preparation of Standardisation documents.
- Periodically examine the existing Inventory / Equipment / Stores and forward recommendations on selection for preparation of Stdn documents to Secretaries of respective Stdn Sub Committee.
- Progress Codification work with AsHSP / PSUs / R&D / Ord Depots, etc.., on Targets Assigned by the MOD.
- Provide necessary input for Updating & Clearing the Draft Codified List of stores.
- Carry out continuous review of Catalogues / Standardisation documents for Updation.
- Continuous review of Standardisation documents and Departmental Specifications for conversion into Joint Services Specs where required.